16. PropertyPath is absent. It appears to be no longer needed.
Old: Storyboard.SetTargetProperty(myDoubleAnimation, new PropertyPath(“(UIElement.RenderTransform).(CompositeTransform.TranslateX)”)); New: Storyboard.SetTargetProperty(myDoubleAnimation, “(UIElement.RenderTransform).(CompositeTransform.TranslateX)”);
17: Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.TextBox doesn’t support some properties of System.Windows.Controls.TextBox. Examples: SelectionBackground, SelectionForeground, InputScope
18. Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.Control has no Focus() method.
19. System.Windows.Input.UI.Key class is replaced with Windows.System.VirtualKey
20. System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker needs to be replaced with async methods
Old: BackgroundWorker worker = new BackgroundWorker(); worker.DoWork += new DoWorkEventHandler(); worker.RunWorkerCompleted += new RunWorkerCompletedEventHandler(worker_RunWorkerCompleted); worker.RunWorkerAsync(myData);
24. Declaring a using statement appears to be required for types not in the current file even if the code is already in that namespace.
New: using Saveman;
Bugs no VS 2011 Beta?
1. Symptom: Error message: “The member XXX is not recognized or is not accessible” appears even if the member is known to be an immediate public property on the element.
Workaround: It will go away if you close the XAML file in Visual Studio (and come back if you open it).
2. Symptom: Intellisense stops working. Right-click->Resolve is no longer there. Solution Explorer does not show any references (even though they should be there automatically) Workaround: Exclude problematic files in the project (to narrow down the problem that causes the issue) and/or restart Visual Studio
3. Symptom: “Unable to cast COM object of type ‘XXX’ to class type ‘XXX’. Instances of types that represent COM components cannot be case to different types that represent COM components; however they can be case to interfaces as long as the undelying COM component supports QueryInterface calls for the IID of the interface. Workaround: There may be stale files that are confusing Visual Studio. Clean Project. Go into the project folder and delete the obj and bin folders. Rebuild.